One of my favourite things about holidays – aside from spending quality time with friends and family – is getting to enjoy delicious treats. My biggest weakness? Chocolate.
Here’s a sweet recipe using a very seasonal ingredient: Cadbury Mini Eggs.
These edible Easter nests are quick to make and will likely disappear just as fast.
What you need:
3 cups of Golden Grahams cereal
2 cups of pure Belgian white chocolate wafers (available at Bulk Barn)
1 large bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs
1 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
1 package of cupcake baking liners
1) Melt pure Belgian white chocolate wafers over low heat in a medium-size pot, stirring constantly.
2) Once melted, remove pot from element and add cereal and pecans. Mix together to make sure the chocolate coats the Golden Grahams and nuts.
3) Spoon mixture into individually laid out cupcake baking liners. Try to keep the edges higher than the centre.
4) Let stand for a few minutes before topping centre with Cadbury Mini Eggs or get your youngsters involved by letting them add the candy-coated chocolate eggs to the nests.
5) Once hardened, the nests are ready to serve as individual treats.
This article was originally published in the April 16, 2014 edition of the Leaside-Rosedale, Forest Hill and North Toronto Town Crier.